Now in its 22nd year, the mission of the JAS Biomedical Careers Program is to provide comprehensive biotechnology skills training to adults who do not have access to higher educational programs due to financial constraints, and provide well-trained entry-level technicians and lab support members for biotechnical, research, and medical industries.
JAS Biomedical Careers Teaches:
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Biotechnology Lab Sciences
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Computers
JAS Biomedical Careers Provides:
- Hands-on training shaped and guided by industry experts.
- A strong academic foundation in sciences (19 college credits at Bunker Hill Community College)
- Pre-screening of applicants according to employer specifications
- Diverse, highly motivated applicants, often immigrants with international academic credentials and/or work experience in related fields
- A 22-year track record of successful placement of capable and loyal employees
- Efficient nine-month program helps low income individuals find good jobs quickly and helps companies fill their staffing needs fast.